21 Secrets of Becoming Wealthy
Being smart with money and becoming wealthy is not rocket science, but for many it looks and feels like hard work. The funny thing is it, the fact of its very simplicity means that more and more people should know and be doing this, but they are not. I like to share with you 21 common sense “secrets” of becoming wealthy…
1. Be clear of what wealth means for you. Being “rich” simply is a term for many people. Technically, wealth or being wealthy is defined as having an abundance of resources or possessions, in a sense, having a gigantic mortgage for a beautiful home or a huge car payment does not equal wealth.
Does wealth for you mean that ability not to worry about bills or how much is left in your checking account at the end of the month? Does it mean providing comfortably for your family or being free from financial worry? Does wealth mean something totally different to you? Your definition of wealth goes a long way towards setting your goals.
2. Manifest your financial destiny by setting your subconscious towards specific goals. Create dream charts by cutting out pictures of your dream status or words that empower to help fuel your subconscious and get you to wear you want to go. Never underestimate the power of your will and mind. Wealthy people never say they cannot do it, they think of ways so that they can. Write it down. Seeing what you want, and getting what you want involve seeing it in black and white.
3. The truly wealthy consider themselves as the foremost asset. Accordingly, they pay themselves first. They also tend to invest in themselves first, especially when it comes to education. Take classes and groom yourself to be the millionaire, entrepreneur and success you want to be.
4. Keep in mind that the average millionaire is not who you think he is. You’ll need to know how to manage your lifestyle with your wealth. If you do not believe this, think of all those high flying celebrities who end up with their homes in foreclosure.
5. Create forms of passive income, the type of income that you receive with little to no effort. Examples of this include: rent from property you own, licensing patents or dividends and returns from investments. Start getting your money to work for you, regardless of how little it is.
6. Learn to hold off gratification. A wealthy person knows how to delay gratification and sacrifice the now for later. This often comes with a positive attitude towards work and wealth, such as: “If I invest now, I will make 10% more later.” The wealthy do not think of now, they think of the future. The present is merely an opportunity.
7. Be realistic. Growth and wealth do not appear overnight, unless you are lucky enough to win the lottery or find long lost treasure. Investments need time to mature and savings need time to accumulate. This include business – for a business to prosper, it needs time to grow. Patience will be well rewarded. The wealthy know that scrimping now will lead to better results in the future.
8. Create a sense of urgency in your life. Do not wait for things to happen to you. You may think that you are playing safe by waiting around or looking for the next big deal. This is the financial equivalent sitting around. Take risks, invest, start the business now. Seize opportunities the moment they happen. The first to get there often wins, leaving the losers in the dust.
9. Write down your expenses. Do not lie to yourself. There is nothing like seeing it in black and white (or red). Keep track of your expenses on a spreadsheet or if you prefer, in a notebook. It gives you a concrete idea of where you are spending too much and where you are spending too little.
10. Understand how interest affects your debt. The wealthy understand how interest works for investments, for loans and how it compounds over time. Those who are not wealthy do not. Compound interest is interest that is added to the principle at certain intervals on the debt. This means that the loan/balance of a certain loan gets higher over time and you end up paying more interest.
11. Separate your accounts to keep track of your money. Keep a savings account, an investment account (could be your education account as well) and an earnings account.
12. Remember that you can grow rich now on money that you are throwing away. To be truly wealthy, you have to know that a simple dollar is an investment goldmine.
13. Explore the new. Opportunities grow with the growth of the Internet and the advent of technology. The exponential growth of business and the changing face of technology creates more and more investment opportunities for the modern investor, as well as the modern entrepreneur. Recently, Warren Buffet have been “spotted” to be investing in technology-based companies.
14. Invest your money as early as you can. The true friend of money is always time and the passage of it. The longer money sits and the more interest it collects, the higher the chances that you will reap thousands of dollars in returns.
15. Do not wait for business opportunities, create them. Entrepreneurs look at an empty lot and see possibility and a method for them to get rich. Those with a poor mindset simply see an empty lot. The rich look at garbage and see a garbage hauling business, a rust-cleaning service, a recycling center. Those with a poor mindset see only the discarded tires, the dirt and the weeds. If you are a beginner and no idea as yet, you may want to join in a legitimate and fast growing multi-level marketing company (just like Alliance In Motion Global) to begin with. Here you can learn so much ideas in the process.
16. Do something that you love, because you will never feel like it is work. Money always follows passion and the upside is, you will never feel like you worked a day in your life. Ask yourself what you love to do, what you are good at and how important it is to you. Once you know what it is, you will know what venture to begin.
17. Do not be afraid to do something humble—many a business has expanded from humble origins and cottage industries. No idea is too small, no business is “stupid”.
18. Be the best. There are no exceptions to this rule. Provide the best service, the fastest delivery, the highest quality, the newest products. Follow these rules and the customers will come.
19. The truly wealthy know how to make profit with minimal expenditure.Reduce overhead.
20. Once you become wealthy, do not forget the rules and secrets that got you there. First time millionaires and lotto winners often blow through their millions by acquiring status symbols like mad and often end up with nothing. Continue to extol the virtues that got you to where you are now. Live simply, even if you are worth enough to make it to the Forbes 500 list.
21. The final timeless wealth secret. Money is meant to shared, not hoarded. Follow the Rockefeller rule: 10% of your worth is meant to shared. This creates more for you.
Brought to you by: armand888